Click on the link below to view a 3D virtual tour of our facilities.
Fidalgo Pool and Fitness Center - 1603 22nd Street - Anacortes, WA 98221
Welcome to Fidalgo Pool and Fitness Center:
We are OPEN! Call us @ (360) 293-0673 or click on the green tab on the left of the page to find out how to sign up online for select group fitness classes and pool space!
Dear FPFC Patrons: Update 7/31/2020
As you may know, our gym space has been closed to the public since our initial closure in March. It recently reopened for one-on-one personal training only, in accordance with state mandates. Those rules have now changed, allowing us to reopen to the public on Monday, August 3 at 8:00 am. Specifically:
1. We are now allowed to have a maximum of five patrons in the gym at any one time. It is not required that they be part of an organized class–patrons are free to follow their normal routine on the machines. To maintain the usage limitation, slots are available by reservation only, which can be done either on-line or over the phone.
2. Operating hours will be M-F from 8:00-noon and from 4:00-7:00; weekends from 8:00-2:00. The reason for the split weekday hours is that historically early-mid afternoon has been very slow, it is required that we have a gym manager on-site and we want the time to thoroughly clean and sanitize the area.
3. County Health has confirmed that under the current mandate patrons are not required to wear a mask when exercising, provided that they maintain at least six feet of separation from non-family members at all times. This will be facilitated by making some machines unavailable on a rotating basis. Please wear a mask when entering the building to check in, walk into the gym space through the double doors, which will remain closed, and stow your bag. You may remove your mask. We will be unable to supply towels, so please bring your own. Please bring a water bottle, as well.
4. Each session will be 50 minutes in length, beginning on the hour at a cost of $5.00/session. Please exit on the 50 through the emergency exit door, rather then re-entering the lobby.
5. After using the equipment, please sanitize, using the provided wipes. We will also be cleaning with a crew during the ten minutes between sessions and, as noted above, during the afternoon break.
6. A gym manager will be on duty and available to answer questions, ensure that social distancing is maintained and that sanitation procedures are followed.
Pool use and Scheduling: Update 7/24/2020
Weekdays we will open to the public at 8:00 am and close at 7:00 pm. From 5:00 am to open, Masters will have exclusive use of the pool. From 8:00-noon, lap swimmers and water walkers will have exclusive use–as we must cap usage at five, there will likely be some combination of water walking and lap swim during any particular time slot. Swimmers will have their own lane; water walkers will have access to either shallow or deep water, depending on preference. TAC will have exclusive use of the pool from 12:00-5:30. Lap swimmers and water walkers will then again have exclusive use from 5:30-7:00 pm.
Weekends we will open at 8:00 and close at 2:00 pm. Lap swimmers and water walkers will have exclusive use during this time. One-on-one swim instruction will then take over at 2:00 and continue until 5:00 pm.
Finally, we are shortening the reservation period from 60 to 30 minutes in an attempt to stretch the pool and accommodate as many patrons as possible. Cost for each 30 minute session is $5.00. Patrons wishing to swim for an hour may schedule two sessions. Note: we ask going forward that patrons please discontinue use of snorkels until the pandemic abates. There have been numerous patron complaints/concern about aerosols expelled during lap swim.
Our gym remains closed, except for one-on-one personal training sessions. Those wishing to schedule a session may contact Kyle directly at 360.969.1386. Our upstairs virtual and simulcast classes continue as before, with simulcast limited to five attendees. Please see our web site for the current schedule.
In closing, I apologize for the restrictions we face. Unfortunately we find ourselves caught between providing the best possible service vs the best practical service, not an easy choice. Be assured that as phased requirements loosen, resources and service levels will increase proportionally.
Questions or comments, please let me know. Thanks as always for your continued support.