We are a proud provider of The American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program. The program is comprised of parent and child, preschool, and Learn-to-swim for school aged children. Why chose swim lessons at Fidalgo Pool and Fitness Center? Our program:
- Is FUN!
- Serves all levels of learners.
- Teaches essential water safety skills and logical swim progressions.
- Our instructors are highly trained professionals.
Aqua Tots: Age 6-36 months
- Parent and child class
- Helps infants and toddlers become comfortable in and around the water
- Parents learn about water safety
- Class size: 8 parent and tot pairs
Preschool Lessons: Age 3-5
- Three levels
- Teaches fundamental water safety and aquatic skills
- Class Size 4
- Exit Skills
- Preschool Level 1: Enter independently using ramp, steps or side, travel 5 yards, submerge to mouth and blow bubbles for at least 3 seconds, then safely exit the water. While in shallow water, glide on front for at least 2 body lengths, then roll to back and float on back for 3 seconds, then recover to a vertical position.
- Preschool Level 2: Glide on front for at least 2 body lengths, roll to back, float on back for 15 seconds, then recover to a vertical position. Glide on back for at least 2 body lengths, roll to front, then recover to a vertical position. Paddle and kick on front for 3 body lengths, roll to back, float for 15 seconds, roll to front, then continue to swim on front for 3 body lengths.
- Preschool Level 3: Step form the side into chest-deep water, push off the bottom, move into a treading or floating position for 15 seconds, swim on front and/or back for 5 body lengths, then exit the water. Move into a back float for 15 seconds, roll to front, then recover to a vertical position. Push off and kick and paddle on front for 5 body lengths, roll to back, float for 15 seconds, roll to front, continue swimming for body lengths.
- Exit Skills
School Age Lessons (LTS): Age 6-12
- Six levels
- Teaches school aged children how to swim skillfully and safely
- Each level builds on information and skills from the previous levels
- Class size: 4-6
- Exit Skills
- LTS 1: Enter the water independently using either the ramp, steps, or side. Travel at least 5 yards, bob 5 times, then safely exit the water. Glide on front for at least 2 body lengths, roll to a back float for 5 seconds & recover to a vertical position.
- LTS 2: Step from the side into chest-deep water, push off the bottom, move into treading or floating position for at least 15 seconds, swim on front and/or back 5 body lengths, exit the water. Move into a back float for 15 seconds, roll to front, then recover to a vertical position. Push off and kick & paddle on front for 5 body lengths, roll to back, float for 15 seconds, roll to the front and continue swimming for 5 body lengths.
- LTS Level 3: Jump into deep water from the side, recover to the surface, maintain position by treading or floating for 1 minute, rotate one full turn to the exit point, swim front crawl and/or elementary backstroke for 25 yards, then exit the water. Push off in streamline swim 15 yards front crawl, swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards, then exit the water.
- LTS Level 4: Feet first entry into deep water, swim front crawl 25-yard, swim elementary backstroke 25 yards. Swim breaststroke for 15 yards, swim back crawl for 15 yards. Submerge and swim 3-5 body lengths underwater, return to the surface, exit the water.
- Exit Skills
Stroke Development (LTS Level 5-6)
- Designed for swimmers who already know to swim freestyle and backstroke
- Introduced to breaststroke and butterfly
- Swim team readiness
- Stroke improvement
- Swim for fitness
Swim Lesson Make-ups
- Make-ups are available for injury or illness only
- No credits or refunds for missed lessons
- Makeups can only occur in a class that already exists
- Space is limited contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule
- Each class has a set of specific exit skills that must be mastered prior to moving up
- Classes may be moved/combined based on class sizes and instructor availability
- No refunds will be issued after a session has started
- Due to limited space on deck parents are asked to view lessons from the balcony